Friday, February 15, 2013

Gratitude...


Some people have said “just take one day at a time.” They are right. But, sometimes I have to take just one hour at a time… and days like today, I take one minute at a time. Jim is doing better and I am so glad to see him improving so much. I think perhaps his improvement is why I have begun to let my guard down. This morning I was looking through my Facebook page and reading all the supportive posts and comments. It moved me to tears of gratitude for the prayers, love, and support that is being shown to us; but my kids still had to wait three minutes before leaving for school and I didn't want to cry in front of them and ruin their day at school. I had to actively distract my mind so that I could hold it together for just three more minutes. It was difficult. Difficult due the emotions that were inside me, difficult because I am so physically tired, difficult because I was overwhelmed with gratitude, difficult because I have had to hold it together for so long… but I made it through those three minutes. The door to the house had not even shut and I was crying. I just really need to say thank you to everyone that has been lifting us up through our crisis. I need you. I appreciate you. I’m scared of the unknown paths that Jim and I will have to cross soon. Please continue your support. I am eternally grateful to you for things like prayers, encouraging words, and your fb comments and likes. They mean so much right now. So now, for the third time this morning I need to go reapply my make up because I have cried on it yet again.

“Tears are words from the heart that cannot be spoken.” ~unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment