Thursday, February 14, 2013

2.13.13

The first night after the pneumonectomy was a long one. I'm glad that I stayed at the hospital overnight; but I really needed a nap at that point.

5:00a was the halfway point of Jim's first 24 hours. I was encouraged by Jim's improvement throughout the night. The doctors are pleased with Jim's progress so far, considering the task before him.

Jim began to have some of the various tubes and monitors removed. Jim was beginning to be lucid for longer periods of time. Jim was able to stand for a few minutes in the morning. Later Jim walked down the hallway, twice!

Jim's first two nurses were wonderful, caring people. Jim's nurse on 13th was not. There's often one bad apple. 

Jim was told the details of his surgery, and his challenges that he will be facing in the next few weeks. Jim is strong. I know he and I can fight this together.

I am in awe of my friends and family. Their support means the world to me, and to Jim. Some of my acquaintances have became friends and a huge source of support. Many of my friends have stepped in to help us, too. My family is being supportive as well.

The 13th started rocky, then went extraordinary well, but the day ended pretty rough.

I wonder how the 14th will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment