Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My kids visiting…


This is beautiful Kira, and silly Daniel, lol.
I love Dan’s humor. 
My son Dan and my daughter Kira came to visit Kansas! Dan and his wife (who could not make this trip) live in England. My daughter Kira lives in Delaware. Their father Gene, along with Jim and I, hosted a small get together for Dan and Kira at a local hotel. We all played lots of games. The hotel atrium had a large game area with several activities. We also did lots of visiting. It was a very enjoyable evening. 


Here is my husband Jim playing  pool.



It is only by coincidence that they are both here during our family cancer crisis. The kids visits to Kansas were each planned well before we had any idea that there was something wrong with their step-father Jim. I am thankful for the timing of their visits. It has been so nice to see them and visit with them. It is a welcome distraction. It has been a blessing that they can help with my younger children. Kira will have to leave in a few days. Dan will be here for the rest of January. Sometimes I wish that they lived closer, but they both love their lives where they are so I wouldn't change a thing. We love it when they are able to come and visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment