Friday, January 3, 2014

In the kitchen...

  
Recently, maybe because of the cold weather, I have been in my kitchen. 

I processed a pumpkin and put 13.5 cups of pumpkin puree into the freezer. I found this link on Pinterest for baking the pumpkin. I then peeled the skins, and sent it through my Kitchenaid vegetable strainer. I actually did try to process it with the skins on, as another Pinner had advised; but that was a big fail. I'm now ready for pumpkin bars, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin cheesecake and many other pumpkin recipes.


I also made a Pecan Pie. I like the recipe by Pioneer Woman. Click the link above to find her recipe. I was ready to try it right away, but I had to wait overnight for the pie to cool. 

Try either one of these recipes; I think you will be pleased. 




No comments:

Post a Comment