Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Oncologist tomorrow...

We were told six weeks ago that Jim's NSCLC Lung Cancer had returned. Last week Jim had a CT and a PET scan. Tomorrow my husband Jim should receive the results of these two tests. These test results should determine the rate of growth of the new cancer spots. The PET scan should also tell us if the cancer has spread to any other parts of his body. The ROG and location will help determine what options are available to Jim.

I do not know what the news will be. I am nervous, and a bit scared. I am fearful that it will be bad results. I know that there is nothing that I can do but wait and worry. I think that I will feel more comfortable once I hear the outcome, good or bad. After we hear the conclusions, Jim and I can make a plan. No matter the results, the waiting often seems worse. It has been a very long six weeks. At least when I have a plan, I will feel like I am doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment